Mission Statement for Bumfrog Sports Culture
|We pride ourselves on setting the stage for “A New Era in Youth Sports” by creating a fundamentally grounded foundation of sports through integrity, effort, hard work and team unity.
We emphasize technique, mechanics, and effort through instructional guidance to enhance a youth participant’s natural athletic abilities and attributes.
We provide fundamental teaching of skill development, as well as training through drills to promote self-esteem and self-motivation in sports and in life endeavors to young athletes in a structured atmosphere, located at a top-of-the-line facility with new era training equipment.
We emphasize the value that achievement and success are based on self-progression and effort, not “Wins and Losses”.
We guarantee that a knowledgeable staff is available to the new generation of young athletes on or off the court.
The pride in wearing the logo of Bumfrog Sports is and will continue to be symbol for A New Era in Youth Sports.
We offer an independent competitive program with no affiliation to any specific schools. Our programs are designed to provide a competitive playing atmosphere that focuses on fundamentals, learning, and fostering the love of basketball and volleyball.
Our teams conduct ongoing open evaluation for both advanced and developmental players who wish to play competitive basketball and volleyball seasonally or year round. The purpose of evaluations is to assess the skill level of new players for placement on the appropriate squad. We find a place for all players, based on skill level (we do not cut players).
- You want to learn “TEAM” basketball, and play as a part of a team (not an individual star)
- You have the desire to learn the fundamental of basketball.
- You wish to compete against the best teams in California, Oregon, Nevada and the Pacific Rim
- You are able to practice two to three times a week, for two hours per practice
- You are able to play local, as well as travel to tournaments in the Sacramento, Stockton, Modesto areas and far-away destinations.
- You have parents willing to donate the time required to raise funds to help support the cost of participation.
- You will demonstrate a positive attitude and be a positive influence on your team mates.
- You are able to represent BFS Blackout with dignity, by demonstrating good sportsmanship at all times.
- You are able to meet the financial requirements.
- You are able to meet the Volunteer Work Hour requirements (for fundraising)
- You are able to be a positive, supportive influence on your player and his team.
- You are able to get your player to all practices and games.
- You are able to met the monthly dues of $50.00 (for gym time) paid through Paypal
- All Payments must be paid in a minimum of 3 months an increment which is $150.00. All payments are due at the beginning of the month. Your recurring payment will always be due one (1) month prior to your last month paid. IF Paypal option is selected you will be required to pay the $3.00 service fee.
Squads and Squad Assignments
All new players must be evaluated to determine squad placement. We do not cut players but prefer to place and develop them at the appropriate level. Evaluations give our coaches a chance to assess each player’s abilities in order to determine where best to place them. Players will be placed on one of the following squads, based on an evaluation of their ability and fundamental skills. Players will be moved into different squad assignments over time, as their skills improve